This Saturday (May 1, 2021) will be the 10th year anniversary of Osama Bin Laden being killed by the Navy Seals in Abbottabad, Pakistan, thus ending the hunt for the world’s most wanted terrorist (and the number one individual on the FBI’s Ten Most Wanted List). The death of Bin Laden was a blow to Islamic terrorism worldwide, but not a death blow, given the rise of ISIS.
It is unclear how the Biden Administration will mark the anniversary of Bin Laden’s death (or the 20th year anniversary of 9/11 for that matter). Something tells me that Biden won’t care, since he has been a do-nothing President, just like he was a do-nothing Senator.
At any rate, in addition to being the 10th year anniversary of the death of Bin Laden, May 1, 2021 will be the 65th year anniversary of the polio vaccine becoming available to the public. As a result, polio would be eradicated across the globe.
But several decades later, polio is making a comeback. In various Muslim countries, health workers are being killed or facing threats of violence during their attempts to administer polio vaccines because some Muslim clerics believe that such vaccines are un-Islamic or even part of a Western conspiracy to sterilize Muslims. There are also calls by some Muslim clerics to boycott polio vaccinations. Here are some examples:
- Three women who were administering polio vaccines in Afghanistan were gunned down. So far no group had claimed responsibility for the attack.
- A security official in Pakistan was killed in an attack on a group of health workers administering polio vaccines. The attackers were not identified. This is just one of many attacks against those providing polio vaccinations in Pakistan.
- A Muslim cleric in the Indian province of Uttar Pradesh issued a fatwa against polio vaccines, even threatening to fine of 500 rupees on those who disobey the fatwa.
- In Sudan, both the government and rebels have blocked attempts to administer polio vaccinations.
In Nigeria, a Muslim cleric and two radio journalists were arrested for advocating the murder of anyone who administers the polio vaccine, in which nine health workers who were doing so were killed.
- Pakistani jihadists have brought the polio strain to Syria and Egypt, and it is possible that Syrian refugees could bring the disease to Europe.
- In Scotland, an attempt to provide the polio vaccine was abandoned due to complaints from Muslims.
So polio has resurfaced due to Islamism. And if the Islamists have their way, there is no telling how many other diseases might resurface