In the midst of a pandemic (in which many businesses have suffered or even closed down due to lockdowns imposed by state and/or local officials), the Biden Administration’s infrastructure plan (which is more about spending and not so much about infrastructure), proposed tax hikes, and AOC trying to revive support for her Green New Deal, the economy could be headed for disaster. Needless to say, it needs to be boosted. And tax hikes, government programs, and anything else the Biden Administration or AOC comes up with are not solutions.
Instead, my Government Restructuring Plan (which I have been advocating for over a decade) is the solution, since it would reduce the size of the federal government, bring in revenue, reduce the national debt, and help boost the American economy.
Under my plan, various government agencies, boards, commissions, etc. can be privatized, including the following: AMTRAK (a.k.a. the National Passenger Railroad Corporation), the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), the National Endowment for the Arts, the National Endowment for the Humanities, the National Science Foundation, the Peace Corps, the Social Security Administration, the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA), and the United States Postal Service (and its monopoly on delivering the mail can be eliminated).
There are also many government agencies, boards, commissions, departments, etc. that can be abolished, which include the following: the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the Department of Education, the Department of Energy, the Export-Import Bank of the United States, the Federal Election Commission, the Federal Energy Regulation Commission (FERC), the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (Freddie Mac), the Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae), the Federal Reserve System, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), the Medicaid and Chip Access Commission, the Medicare Advisory Payment Commission, the Postal Regulatory Commission, the Social Security Advisory Board, the Transportation Security Administration (and be replaced by private security companies), and all offices of Czars.
In addition, there are many departments, agencies, boards, commissions, etc. that can be merged or acquired by other departments, agencies, boards, commissions, etc. Such examples include the following:
- The Department of Commerce acquiring the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), the Federal Trade Commission, and the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- The United States Coast Guard can be transferred from the Department of Homeland Security to the Department of Defense. In addition, the Department of Defense can acquire the Department of Veterans Affairs and the Selective Service System.
- The Federal Emergency Management Agency can be transferred from the Department of Homeland Security to the Department of Health and Human Services.
- The Department of Homeland Security can be placed under the Department of Justice.
- The Bureau of the Census can be transferred from the Department of Commerce to the Department of Housing and Urban Development (which in turn can be renamed the Department of Housing and Development).
- The Department of Labor can acquire the National Labor Relations Board and the Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission.
- The Department of the Interior can acquire the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the National Park Foundation.
- The Department of Transportation can acquire the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB).
Such a plan would be beneficial for the federal government and the American economy. If only it could be implemented.