New York’s Washington Square Park has become party central every night. It’s also become a hotspot for crime. Sunday night was no exception.
As crime continues to soar in urban centers, we’re seeing some pretty bold behavior by people who know that they won’t be punished even if they are caught red-handed.
One thing that appears to be happening pretty regularly is assaulting elderly people — often for no particular reason.
- Homeless Man That Punched Asian Woman In The Face Has Been Arrested 41 Times
- Suspect Who Shoved A 92-Year Old Woman To The Ground Was Arrested 65 Times And A Sex Offender
On Sunday night, in NYC’s Greenwich Village neighborhood, an elderly hot dog vendor was beaten bloody by the Rainbow “Love Is Love” crowd after allegedly hurling anti-gay slurs at the crowd.
The chaos at the Greenwich Village greenspace resulted in the arrests of eight people, including a woman charged with biting an NYPD lieutenant, cops said Monday morning.
But no busts were made in the alleged beatdown of the 65-year-old vendor, who was attacked at Fifth Avenue and Washington Square North just before 11 p.m., according to police.
Disturbing video shows several people surrounding the man, in a bright yellow shirt, with one pummeling him in the face and knocking him down. The attacker can be seen clocking him again as he tries to get away.
The vendor was left with a bloodied face and taken to Bellevue Hospital in stable condition for cuts on his head, authorities said.
Source: Fox News
Police had originally said that the dispute was over menu prices, but a reporter at the scene said that the man at the hot dog cart directed a “hateful slur” at someone.
Video of the food cart worker who was injured. Onlookers say he made a hateful slur to someone from the #LGBTQ community on #pride at Washington Square Park in NYC #NYC #PrideMonth pic.twitter.com/Z7ttYA6Kay
— Leeroy Johnson (@LeeroyPress) June 28, 2021
Remember that whole “Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me” rhyme? Well, that’s not the case with our current generation. They have been convinced that words are violence and that they can respond to words that hurt their feelings with violence. The logic works thusly: if an old guy says a mean thing, you can bloody his face.
WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT
Now, even if some of these hooligans were apprehended for attacking an old man for his mean, mean words, they’d be right back out on the street tomorrow to attack a different elderly person…or maybe bite a cop.
Among the people arrested were:
- Emily Hagan, 23, allegedly bit a cop. She and another woman, Joanis Arthuer, 20, were busted at around 8 pm for chucking water bottles at the police. Hagan’s charges include: three counts of assault, resisting arrests, obstructing governmental administration, and criminal possession of a weapon.
- Arthuer, who is homeless, was charged with two counts of assault, obstruction of governmental administration, and criminal possession of a weapon.
- Two men from Staten Island were arrested and released for interfering in the arrest of Hagan and Arthuer.
- Dan Alvin, 29, allegedly slapped a lieutenant’s hands and arms. He was charged with resisting arrest, obstruction of governmental administration, and disorderly conduct.
- Jaquan Brooks, 30, allegedly shoved police officers. He was charged with obstruction of governmental administration and harassment.
Wow, they seem like all wonderful, upstanding citizens, especially those ladies! It just goes to show you that women can be just as awful as men, and in some cases, they can be much, much worse.
Maybe suggesting that women should take on male values, traits, and behave like men is a bad thing. Just sayin’…
In Doug Giles’ latest book, Biblical Badasses: The Women, Giles spotlights ten epic ladies who did awesome things for God with the odds severely stacked against them. These girls weren’t your typical church ladies. They were holy movers and shakers who upset hell with their God-honoring, faith-filled, lives. Giles’ unique take on these terrific women makes the scripture come alive. This book is real, raw, relevant, and irreverent. Giles’ prayer is that after reading, Biblical Badasses: The Women, not only will your noggin be filled with these amazing tales of high and lows from real women who rocked in a hard place, via the power of God, but that you will get off your butt, quit pursuing stupidity, start chasing down your high calling and at the end of your life, you too, like the holy femme fatales featured herein, will have left a massive scar on Satan’s haggard backside.
Get your copy of Biblical Badasses: The Women today!