The warning allowed the executive to flee the country before he was arrested.
This was a year before Joe Biden became the Democratic nominee and around the same time that Hunter Biden dropped off three water-damaged Macbooks to a Delaware repair shop and then forgot about them.
A think tank executive claims that in March 2019, he went to the FBI and DOJ to tell them that members of the Biden family “tipped off” a Chinese business partner that he was the being investigated by The Feds.
Gal Luft, the co-director of the Institute for the Analysis of Global Security, a Washington-based foreign policy think tank, provided the “explosive” details to the FBI and Justice Department in March 2019, according to his lawyer. Sources close to Luft told the Jewish News Service members of the Biden family “tipped…off” their Chinese partner, China Energy Fund Committee chairman Ye Jianming, that he was the target of an FBI probe.
The details emerge as House Republicans have homed in on the Biden family’s dealings with CEFC China, and amid an ongoing Justice Department probe of the troubled first son. Republicans released a report last week that a close friend of the Biden family, Rob Walker, wired millions of dollars from a CEFC-linked company in 2017 to Hunter Biden, his uncle Jim Biden, and his sister-in-law, Hallie Biden.
It’s a pretty big claim. It would mean that some member (or members) of the Biden family may have obstructed justice.
So, what evidence does Luft have?
Well, he was working with CEFC around the same time as the Bidens were — and with the same people.
The Washington Free Beacon reported that Luft served as an adviser to CEFC China Energy during the same time span that the energy conglomerate paid millions of dollars to the Biden family for business consulting and legal services. CEFC, which is widely suspected to be a front for the Chinese Communist Party, paid Luft’s think tank $350,000 to collaborate on events to promote China’s Belt and Road infrastructure project. Ye, the chairman of CEFC, served on the board of trustees for the institute, which included former high-level intelligence officials like ex-CIA director James Woolsey and Robert McFarlane, a national security adviser for former president Ronald Reagan.
Luft and Biden worked closely with Patrick Ho, the head of CEFC’s think tank, the China Energy Fund Committee. A former employee of that think tank, David Riccardi-Zhu, told the Free Beacon that he frequently saw Ho with Luft and Woolsey, who served under former president Bill Clinton. Ho organized several events for Luft and his think tank to promote the Belt and Road Initiative and various clean energy initiatives.
Source: Washington Free Beacon
Here’s a quick recap of the Biden family’s connections to CEFC:
- CEFC approached Hunter Biden in 2015 and paid him and his uncle Jim Biden approximately $5 million for consulting projects
- Despite not inking any bid deals for CEFC, Hunter became close with Chairman Ye Jianming. During a meeting in NYC, Ye gave Hunter a $80,000 diamond.
- Shortly after leaving office, CEFC wired $3 million to Biden family associate Rob Walker which we now know (thanks to the House Oversight Committee’s investigation into Joe Biden’s business dealings,) that the money was distributed to two Biden family associates, Hunter Biden, Jim Biden, Beau Biden’s widow, Hallie Biden, and another unnamed Biden.
- Text messages released by Tony Bobulinski reveal that he met with Hunter, Jim, and Joe Biden to discuss CEFC in May 2017 contradicting Joe’s claims that he never spoke to his son Hunter about his foreign business dealings.
- A text message from September 2017 indicates that Hunter, Joe, and Jill Biden shared a K Street office with CEFC executives, specifically naming Gongwen Dong, whom Hunter called an “emissary” for Ye Jianming.
- In an October 2017 text message, Hunter claimed to be Ye Jianming’s attorney and that he was helping him handle several “personal issues” including staff visas and some “sensitive matters.”
- In November 2017 CEFC China hired Hunter Biden to represent Patrick Ho on bribery charges. Hunter received $1 million for the work.
- In May 2018, Hunter recorded an audio rant on his laptop worried that he was paid by Chinese intelligence when he represented Patrick Ho. Audio: Hunter’s Representation Of The ‘F**king Spy Chief Of China’ … Is That News?
There’s reason to be somewhat skeptical of Luft’s claims — he made the allegations last month after the DJO sought his extradition from Cyprus on charges of illegal arms trafficking. Luft denies that he was illegally trafficking arms, and insists that the “DOJ is trying to bury me to protect Joe, Jim, and Hunter Biden.”
The Free Beacon acknowledges, however, that Luft does seem to have some insight into the goings-on of CEFC and that his lawyer, former U.S. assistant attorney Robert Henoch, claimed in filings under penalty of perjury that he accompanied Luft to the meeting with FBI and Justice Department officials.
Luft says that investigators from the DOJ or FBI did not contact him after that March 2019 meeting.
Tony Bobulinski said that after he came forward to the FBI in October 2020 about the Bidens and CEFC, he hasn’t heard from them, either.
So, are the “explosive” claims by Luft legit? Who knows. But it’s pretty clear that the DOJ and FBI don’t seem to be very quick at investigating any wrongdoing by the Bidens… at least not as quick as those pesky parents opposing woke indoctrination in schools.
Psalms of War: Prayers That Literally Kick Ass is a collection, from the book of Psalms, regarding how David rolled in prayer. I bet you haven’t heard these read, prayed, or sung in church against our formidable enemies — and therein lies the Church’s problem. We’re not using the spiritual weapons God gave us to waylay the powers of darkness. It might be time to dust them off and offer ‘em up if you’re truly concerned about the state of Christ’s Church and of our nation.
Also included in this book, Psalms of War, are reproductions of the author’s original art from his Biblical Badass Series of oil paintings.
This is a great gift for the prayer warriors. Real. Raw. Relevant.
Ross, Chuck. “Think Tank Executive Provided ‘Explosive’ Info to FBI About Hunter Biden’s Chinese Deals, Lawyer Claims.” Washington Free Beacon. March 22, 2023. https://freebeacon.com/biden-administration/think-tank-executive-provided-explosive-info-to-fbi-about-hunter-bidens-chinese-deals-lawyer-claims/