by Mike Rowley
Clash Daily Guest Contributor
I will not repeat nor edit the eloquent initial words of the Declaration, I’ll start with the complaints Jefferson levied against the King, change the wording a bit, add a footnote or two, and see if this new Declaration would fit Jefferson’s meaning just as well.
I will start with this from the original:
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all …men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.”
The history of the present King of America is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.
He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.
– (Violation of Article II, Section I, Clause V of the U.S. Constitution)
He has refused to pass other Laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, in spite of the right of those people to Representation in the Legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only.
– (By allowing illegal immigration to take place, the electorate has been compromised, jobs usurped, and entitlements expanded to those undeserving. These powers are held by Congress under Article I, Section VIII, Clause IV.)
He has endeavored to encourage the illegal population of these States; for that purpose obstructing the Laws for Naturalization of Foreigners; allowing to pass others to encourage their migrations hither, and reducing the conditions of new Appropriations of Benefits.
-(His consistent refusal to pass immigration reform and the ongoing court battles against states that strengthen their own laws to protect their citizens from the influx of illegal aliens has drained state resources for legal fees, and allows illegals to draw on benefits
established for citizens.)
He has obstructed the Administration of Justice by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary Powers.
– (See Eric Holder)
He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.
– (See Sonia Sotamayor and Elena Kagan)
He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.
– (Forty-one czars appointed to oversee various governmental functions answerable only to him, only ten of which have been confirmed by the Senate as required by the Constitution under Article II, section II.)
He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil Power.
-(With the signing of Executive Order – National Defense Resources Preparedness on March, 16, 2012, King Obama provided himself the means to declare a state of emergency under the Stafford Act ((FEMA)), and thus martial law.)
He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation:
– (The gradual implementation of United Nation policy under the guise of “Sustainable Development” and Agenda 21 with no consent of the Senate contrary to the Constitution under Article II, Section II, Clause II.)
For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:
For taking away our Charters, abolishing our most valuable Laws and altering fundamentally the Forms of our Governments:
– (His oft quoted idea that the Constitution is a flawed document has resulted in his majesties constant attempt to rewrite our sacred Laws, those he swore to defend, not change.)
For suspending our own Legislatures and declaring himself invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever.
-( His majesty has issued 923 Executive Orders usurping powers granted to Congress in the Constitution.)
He has abdicated Government here, by declaring us out of his Protection and waging War against us.
– (His majesty has used an “open mic” policy to express his desire to subvert the will of the people and “be more flexible” in his dealings with those foreign powers known to be at odds with the principles of American democracy. He has also toured the world apologizing for our principles to the detriment of citizens abroad.)
He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavored to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers the radical, leftist, liberal socialists whose known rule of warfare is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions.
– (His majesties well documented associations with communists, radical socialists, domestic terrorists, and illegal immigrants, including his own family, is evidence of his will to undermine the fabric of our very God given right to pursue Life, Liberty, and Happiness.)
In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince, whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.
I think Thomas Jefferson would agree, our “King” and the one he sought to cast off had a few similar faults.
Image: Writing the Declaration of Independence, 1776; artist: Jean Leon Gerome Ferris (1863–1930); Virginia Historical Society; public domain, copyright expired.
Michael Rowley and his beautiful wife of 31 years, Denise, have three fantastic children and three wonderfully ornery grandsons who surely “Feminists will Hate”. His Love for God, family, and this great Nation have led Mike to write several pieces on the Founding Fathers true belief in God and the necessity of faith to properly govern a nation. Join him on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheLawsOfNatureAndOfNaturesGod