KRAUTHAMMER: I’m not sure the word autopsy is the most felicitous, since it generally applies to a corpse. I’m not sure I would have chosen it, but it’s out there. Look, I think there is a difference here between ideology and technique. I’m not sure you want the RNC deciding on ideology. We had a good debate at CPAC. You can see the outlines of the debate of the party, I think it will be healthy. You have a lot of tendencies, and it’s the new leadership who will decide the ideological direction of the party.But, what the RNC has to be looking at is what its job is, and there it didn’t succeed. It is outreach, it’s the ground game, it’s managing the financiers, and it’s also the social media, where the Democrats are way ahead. Concretely, it is establishing a calendar for the primaries that isn’t disruptive and trying, al though, here it doesn’t have the power to establish some limit on debates, because that 23 debates was a catastrophe for the Republicans last time around.Yeah, well, you need a good candidate, but you also have to have a party that knows how to run the mechanics. And that’s the job of the RNC.
Leave a Comment
We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.
Trending Now on Clash Daily
- LMAO: Juanita Tweeted Acosta Into The Middle Of Next Week … Does He Need A Tissue?
- Liberal Asks Man, ‘When Was America Great? His Comeback Is Pure Gold
- Cartoonist Thinks He Knows Why Schools Stopped Teaching Cursive And It’s Kinda Frightening
- She Put A Hot Water Bottle Filled With BOILING Water On Her Hooters – That Was A Bad Idea
- Michael Jackson’s Doctor Says, MJ’s Old Man Castrated Him To ‘Preserve’ His ‘Distinct Voice’
- 92yr. Old Bro Was Beat With A Brick By This Piece Of Work – Is That A ‘Hate Crime?’
- Starbucks: Those Straw-Less Lids Have One Critical Flaw… Whoops!