Barack Hussein Obama has time to spend with Cuba’s Castro family but not with the grieving family of the late Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia. Yes, the White House said he’d attend the viewing but what, he couldn’t reschedule a golf game to attend the funeral too? A lot can be learned by the company he keeps:
– He’s going to visit Raul Castro. Cuba remains the repressive cesspool of communism that it’s always been. The disparities between Cuban ruling-elite haves and average citizen have-nots are the stuff Bernie Sanders’ nightmares are made of. Obama has no problem rubbing elbows with the former in Havana.
– Remember Reverend Wright? Obama sat in Wright’s pews for two decades. Wright married Barack and Michelle. All the while Reverend Wright was issuing forth some of the most vile anti-American rhetoric the left has ever known. Barack Obama claims he was totally unaware of it but then again, when one is immersed in a climate like that maybe the extreme nature of such rhetoric becomes the unnoticeable norm.
– How about Van Jones? Obama brought him on board the administration as “Climate Change Czar”. But then, someone discovered that Van Jones wasn’t just a social justice activist. Van Jones’ history includes involvement with far-left radical groups like S.T.O.R.M. – people that commit vandalism and other crimes in the name of “social justice”. Obama didn’t have a problem with Van Jones’ background and kept him in the White House until Van Jones resigned.
– BlackLivesMatter recently received praise from the President for their “work” in Ferguson, MO and Baltimore, MD. Organization leaders were treated as VIP’s at a recent White House get together with Obama.
– Jonathan Gruber. Before Obama decided he’d never heard of the man Barack Obama told the media how much in loved Gruber’s work. So much so that he gave Gruber the keys to Obamacare. Gruber promptly used those keys to sell Obamacare in spite of “the stupidity” of the American voter as Gruber put it.
– Upwards of 90% of Obama administration officials come straight from academia. These are people that have never held private sector jobs, have never met a payroll, and have never dealt with customers or shareholders. Sounds just like Barack Obama.
These are just a few of many examples of Barack Obama’s associations.
Fundamentally, Barack Obama is a lot like all of us – largely surrounded by those most like him. Think about it. Is it any different in your circumstance? Do you spend time with those who are most unlike you? Were you married by a minister diametrically opposed to your spiritual beliefs? Would you hire a window smasher to be one of your leading officials if it were your show you were running? Would you hire someone who openly expressed disdain for customers?
And, when it matters – as with the funeral for a recently passed Supreme Court Justice – are you able to reach out and show respect for someone perhaps most unlike you?
Barack Hussein Obama, this is the company that you keep.