Gun lovers. Herewith are thirteen things to remember when carrying your weapon.
BTW- this list is not original. I’ve Googled up the bullet points but alas …I got nada in regards to who penned it. If and when someone schools me on who the author is you can rest assured that I’ll give him or her proper praise. Enjoy.
1. Guns have only two enemies rust and politicians.
2. It’s always better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
3. Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not you.
4. Never let someone or something that threatens you get inside arms length.
5. Never say, “I’ve got a gun.” If you need to use deadly force, the first sound they hear should be the safety clicking off.
6. The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes; the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.
7. The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win – cheat if necessary.
8. Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets . . . You may get killed with your own gun, but he’ll have to beat you to death with it, because it’ll be empty.
9. If you’re in a gunfight:
– If you’re not shooting, you should be loading.
– If you’re not loading, you should be moving.
– If you’re not moving, you’re dead.
10. In a life and death situation, do something . . . It may be wrong, but do something!
11. If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you have a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?
12. You can say ‘stop’ or ‘alto’ or any other word, but a large bore muzzle pointed at someone’s head is pretty much a universal language.
13. You cannot save the planet, but you may be able to save yourself and your family.
Even our ‘Sweet and Gentle’ Savior thought it was important to protect yourself and those you love.
You wouldn’t want to disobey Jesus, would you?
He’s not the soft-focus, Precious Moments, hippie carrying a lamb that is oft portrayed.
He once braided a whip and chased the televangelists out of the temple. We know that because it was important enough to be included in the Gospels.
He was apparently cool with the use of force in the right situations.
And Jesus specifically told His disciples to get a sword.
The men and women in law enforcement that serve and protect us are commendable, but the response time means that they don’t get there when the bullets are flying.
Are you willing to wait 20 minutes for the police to show up?
It’s an issue that needs to be discussed within our churches and addressed by our church leaders.
We need some righteous badassery in the church to protect ourselves, our loved ones, and our brothers and sisters in Christ from the preventable evil in this world.
We need to Obey Jesus.
Including what he said in Luke 22:36.
He [Jesus] said to them, “But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one.
– The Holy Bible, English Standard Version
And the best part? This shirt is made in the USA, printed in the USA, on an American-Made t-shirt press!
Get yours now.
Does your grandpa go off on paltry politicians, whether they be Democrats or Republicans? Does he get misty eyed when he talks about God and Country and America’s future? And have you ever heard him scream, ‘Awww … Hell no!’ when Rosie O’Donnell starts yapping on television? If you answered yes to one, or all of the above, then your gramps will love Doug Giles’ latest book, My Grandpa Is A Patriotic Badass.
Don’t be fooled by the title — this ain’t just for Grandpa.
The Snowflake Generation — and the rest of America — needs a good ol’ dose of ‘Grandpa wisdom’.
Especially if that Grandpa is Doug Giles.
You’ll love My Grandpa Is A Patriotic Badass just as much as Grandpa will.