Recently Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (a.k.a. AOC) tweeted that powerful people are trying to bribe the Trump Administration into starting a war with Iran.
Such an absurd claim was the result of her quoting a tweet by Washington Post reporter David Fahrenthold, which in turn was the result of an article he wrote mentioning documents from a few hotels owned by the Trump family. Such an article claims that an Iraqi sheik had stayed at one of the Trump hotels in Washington, D.C. for 26 days last summer after writing a letter attempting to influence the Trump Administration into taking a tougher stance on Iran in an effort “to achieve our mutual interest to weaken the Iranian Mullahs regime and end its hegemony.”
Although such a story (if true) is hardly conclusive, AOC is convinced that the Trump Administration is being bribed into going to war with Iran.
I wouldn’t be surprised if AOC (given her leftist views) believes that Iran is a peaceful nation, despite the fact it is an aggressive and oppressive nation.
Iran has virtually been at war with America ever since the Islamic Revolution of 1979. And here are the reasons why it has become a dangerous nation:
- The supporters of the Islamic Revolution stormed the American Embassy in Tehran in 1979, and held Americans hostage for over a year.
- Iran has supported terrorism across the globe, e.g. Hezbollah and Hamas.
- It has frequently confronted American naval vessels (and naval vessels of other nations for that matter) in the Persian Gulf and Strait of Hormuz (which it claims are Iranian waters, despite the fact that both of them are international waters).
- It has pursued nuclear weapons and the Iran Nuclear Deal is nothing more than a ruse in its goal of developing them.
It claims to be leading the fight for Islamic domination of the entire world.
Iran has also become one of the most oppressive nations on Earth, and here are the reasons how it has become so:
- It has executed more of its citizens than any other nation in the world.
- Beatings and torture are common.
- The Iranian authorities have cracked down on political dissent, thus showing no tolerance for it whatsoever.
- Religious minorities are second-class citizens.
- Women are also second-class citizens and required to wear the hijab. In fact, the Iranian Government has just established 2,000 new religious police units in response to the women’s hijab protests that have taken place in recent years.
Needless to say, AOC is ignorant (or perhaps indifferent) when it comes to Iran.