Politicizing your product really is a risky business. Will the supporters you gain outweigh the ones you lose?
It’s the 100th season. It’s supposed to be some kind of a historic year, right?
Well, where IS everybody?
Fans and casual observers couldn’t help but notice something in Week 2 of the NFL season.
A whole lot of empty seats. Not just at one or two stadiums where a craptastic team can’t draw their own fans, but even in some stadiums where — based on their records –they should be showing up.
Social media was abuzz with people asking where all the fans went.
Congrats to all American PATRIOTS who refuse to watch football
I'm OVERJOYED to see so many empty seats at stadiums all over the country
RT if you're with us!#TeamKJ
— Kevin Jackson (@KevinJacksonTBS) September 16, 2019
Right before kickoff lol pic.twitter.com/n73J8lZinU
— Brian Gaar (@briangaar) September 15, 2019
A ton of empty seats in the Coliseum halfway thru the first quarter. There's a sizable Who Dat crowd here. pic.twitter.com/2ZIIbvLYUh
— Doug Mouton (@DMoutonWWL) September 15, 2019
Empty seats https://t.co/mVKVbPRqES
— The Bodhisattva (@TheToddNewberg) September 14, 2019
The TV ratings aren’t much better.
Week-over-week they’ve dropped 30% from the season opener.
What’s gone wrong? Are the teams really that bad? Are fans too busy to care?
Or is this just the house that Kaep built?
- Who REALLY Understands Old Glory & The Anthem — These Hong Kong Protesters, Or the Kaepernick Clones?
- Mike Rowe Just Rowed Right Over Kaepernick’s Illogical Noggin And It’s GOLD
- Warriors & Wildmen Tackle Kaepernick With Christianity And It Gets RAW
- Kaepernick Blasts July 4th Using A Frederick Douglass Quote – Ted Cruz Takes Him To TruthCity
- Look At Nike’s STOCK Since Kaepernick’s Latest Flag Shoe Hissy Fit