Pelosi promised us that we would have bipartisanship in any steps toward impeachment. So far, the only signs of bipartisanship tilt AGAINST Schiff’s impeachment plan.
With Pelosi’s rhetoric that any reps who DON’T favor the Impeachment and removal of Trump are somehow ‘unpatriotic’… is she now willing to point that accusing finger at members in her own caucus?
We have one Democrat in a ‘safe seat’ (Dem +30) who is breaking with the pack not out of any fear that she’ll lose her seat, but because she does not believe there is sufficient evidence for impeachment.
She doesn’t LIKE what Trump did.
She’s in favor of issuing a Censure.
But she is NOT convinced there is any reasonable cause for Impeachment.
Democrat Rep. Brenda Lawrence, whose Michigan district is D+30, moves away from impeachment.
"We are so close to an election…I don’t see the value of taking him out of office”pic.twitter.com/wGw9o0k9DO
— Tommy Pigott (@TCPigott) November 26, 2019
She’s got a pretty good sense of how this will all play out.
She’s smart enough to know this isn’t going anywhere in the Senate, so what’s the point, really?
Especially when we’re just a year away from another election.
She’s got a point.
Unlike any other government positions, the office of President is directly in the hands of the entire American population. What could possibly be a better remedy — if they really believe he’s done something improper — than to allow the entire US populace to make that decision next November?
Or could the Democrats be afraid that the Citizens of their great nation cannot be trusted with such a momentous decision?
Whatever happened for all of their rhetoric about ‘smooth transitions of power’?
Or are only Republicans supposed to relinquish it without a struggle?
- AOC Admits Impeachment Is To Unite The Democratic Party And Prevent ‘A Potentially Disastrous Outcome’ In 2020
- In ‘Dear Colleague’ Letter, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi Attacks The ‘Legitimacy Of The 2020 Elections’
- PELOSI Is Patronizing AND Ignorant As She Kicks The Presumption Of Innocence To The Curb
- FIGHTING DIRTY: Is Nancy Pelosi The Tonya Harding Of US Politics?
- DISGUSTING: Pelosi And House Dems Put Impeachment Ahead Of RAPE VICTIMS