Recently Joe Biden has twice brought up the story of Leroy “Satchel” Paige, one of the first African-American baseball players to participate in Major League Baseball. The first time he mentioned Satchel Paige was in an October 29 meeting with Pope Francis. The second time he mentioned Satchel Paige was during a Veterans Day address at Arlington National Cemetery in which he was honoring former U.S. Ambassador to Hungary Donald Blinken, an Army veteran and father of Secretary of State Anthony Blinken.
In the midst of mentioning age and race in both instances (in which Biden seemed to be using analogies), I have the following questions?
- Why was he bringing up the story of Satchel Paige in the meeting with the Pope and during a Veterans Day address? In reference to the latter, I should point out that Satchel Paige was not a veteran.
- What does Satchel Paige have to do with either situation?
- Was Biden recently reading about Satchel Paige, or he has developed some type of obsession?
- Is Biden just trying to play the race card?
- Is he aware of the remarks some people made about his age, and was to trying to prove that age is just a number? I believe a contributor at Frontpagemag once referred to Biden as the geezer-in-chief, so I wonder how Biden feels about that.
- Is he living up to a stereotype, i.e. his age, and thus is out of touch with the American people?
- Is he trying to avoid questions about matters that he does not want to discuss, e.g. the scandals surrounding his son Hunter, the Republican resurgence in this year’s elections (and the possibility of a Republican takeover of Congress come next year’s elections)?
- Is he in his own little world of liberalism?
- Does he just not care about what the American people think and is only interested in doing what he wants to do?
- If someone insulted him to his face (e.g. calling him an old fart), would that individual be arrested or ostracized courtesy of the cancel culture?
- Has he ever accomplished anything when he served in the United States Senate?
I have seen my share of experiences in which someone would mention something that had nothing to do with the topic that was being discussed, but I think Biden’s recent ramblings take the top.