Money lets you buy what you want. Now that many of our Deep Blue cities have defunded the police and crime has exploded, people with money are buying off-duty police officers to stop crime in their neighborhoods. Though covered in the news, the use of private security is an expansion of a long-term trend. What should make the news are the billionaires trying to disarm the rest of us.
Rich people live in gated communities and walled compounds. They have their own security force. Some wealthy families have their own private security detail that lives with the owners inside their walled compound. It may have fancy flower beds on the outside, but it remains a castle in disguise.
Watch the progression as the elites worked to disarm us and protect themselves.
- First, the elites buy armed security officers for trips or special events in public.
- They buy armed security details for their homes, offices, and vacation homes.
- They pay for legislation that let them travel with their own armed officers.
- They make “campaign donations” so legislators disarm the common man who the elites see as a threat. We need to show “proper cause” to be issued a carry permit. The elites buy retired law enforcement officers for their security detail. Perhaps a banker can get a permit because he handles money. Perhaps a jeweler can get a permit because he has valuables in his store. In contrast, we are denied a permit because we want to defend our children. Our treasure is deemed less important than theirs… unless we first make a significant campaign donation.
- The elites pressed for legislation outlawing inexpensive firearms. That started after the civil war to prevent recently freed black men and women from having firearms to resist armed gangs like the Klu Klux Klan and the Night Riders. Even then, honest citizens were disarmed yet political gangs had no trouble getting guns.
Today, the gun-prohibitions have become more subtle. Today the elites impose time-consuming training requirements and expensive licensing requirements before the common man can own a gun. Some legislative proposals demand that we are re-licensed every six months, far more often than most policemen.
Today we’ve seen the elites buy academic and media organizations to promote civilian disarmament. The familiar adage that if it bleeds it leads is neither true nor adequate to describe today’s reporting on armed defense. The hired media emphasizes the thousands of times a criminal uses a gun. The same news media ignores the millions of times that honest citizens use a firearm for legal self-defensive. The media bias is glaring once you know the truth.
Today, the elites pay for multimillion-dollar political and legal campaigns to pass laws that disarm the common man.
Of course everyone has the right to an armed defense.
Just buy your own police force like I did for my family. See how simple?
Thanks, and I’ll be sure to follow you for more personal safety tips, but that doesn’t work for us and ours.
We don’t have our own motorcade and security detail. We have to go out at in public at all times of the day and night. We and our families are far more likely to encounter a criminal than are the elites. The victims of crime are disproportionally poor and minorities who live, work, and travel in high-crime areas. Unfortunately, the gun-control laws are written to serve the elites, rather than to serve us.
The elites are wrong. The rich are never safe when criminals flourish by victimizing the poor. Time and again, it is the ordinary citizen who is the first responder to stop violent crime. We use a firearm to make us equal to the task of defending our family. The elites want the use of arms reserved for themselves. Rather than being a problem for society, the armed citizen is the defense that protects our communities. We know that because we live there. We see what happens outside the walled compounds.
The common armed citizens are the moral elites of our society. We are more law abiding than the police. We protect our family and our neighborhoods. Now, we have to carefully watch what our politicians are doing as legislators too often try to disarm us.
It is the right of the people to go armed, not the right of the elites.
Businesses and rich neighborhoods buy private security services as police are defunded- WSJ “https://archive.ph/JJCkA
The Racist Roots of Gun Control- “https://njiat.com/JunePDFs/The%20Racist%20Roots%20of%20Gun%20Control.pdf
2021 survey of firearms ownership and use- “https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3887145
Comparison of criminal offense rates by licensed gun owners versus the law enforcement officers- “https://crimeresearch.org/2015/02/comparing-conviction-rates-between-police-and-concealed-carry-permit-holders/