He stepped on the toes of his own message by announcing his NFT’s on the same day … here’s what so much of the media missed yesterday…
Trump had been teasing a ‘Big Announcement’.
Unfortunately, he used that same phrase on two different messages in the same day.
You may have seen some cartoony laser-eyes versions of Trump. Those would be the EFTs he announced that even many of his own supporters found to be painfully cringy and beneath him.
That silliness took all the air out of the room for another announcement … one of greater significance for the national conversation … especially as we start peeling back the onion for how big a role our own government has played in silencing right-of-center voices who deviated from the official narratives of various activists.
Missouri’s lawsuit and Elon’s purchase of Twitter have gone a long way toward ripping the mask off of the worst-kept secret in Silicon Valley. They were systematically silencing people for partisan reasons — with cooperation with insiders from government agencies.
Trump vows to ban feds from ID-ing domestic ‘misinformation’ if electedhttps://t.co/EQdl41IHNS
— Andrew Surabian (@Surabees) December 15, 2022
‘The censorship cartel must be dismantled and destroyed… and it must happen immediately.’
1) Within hours of my inauguration, I will sign an Executive Order banning any federal department or agency from colluding with any organization, business, or person, to censor, limit, categorize, or impede the lawful speech of American citizens.
— ban federal money from being used to label domestic speech as mis- or disinformation; begin process of identifying and firing any bureaucrat who has directly or indirectly engaged in domestic censorship.
2) I will order the Department of Justice to investigate all parties involved in the new online censorship regime and to aggressivel prosecute any and all crimes identified… including civil rights law, campaign finance law, federal election law, securities law, antitrust laws, the Hatch act, and a whole host of other criminal, civil, regulatory, and Constitutional offences.
— Ask for preservation letters to be immediately issued by Republican House to various government agencies and the Biden White House itself.
3) Ask Republican Congress to amend Section 230 to limit Big Tech’s special protections to companies meeting a high bar of neutrality, transparency, fairness and non-discrimination. We should encourage platforms to increase their efforts to take down unlawful content such as child exploitation and promoting terrorism while dramatically curtailing their power to restrict lawful speech.
4) We need to break up the entire toxic censorship industry that has arisen under the false guise of tackling so-called mis- and disinformation. The federal government should immediately stop funding all non-profit and academic programs that support this authoritarian project.
If any US university is discovered to have engaged in censorship activities, or election interferences in the past, such as flagging social media content for removal or blacklisting, those universities should lose federal research dollars and federal student loan support for a period of 5 years (and maybe more).
We should also enact new laws laying out clear criminal for federal bureaucrats who partner with private entities to do an end run around the Constitution and deprive Americans of their First, Fourth and Fifth Amendment rights
— There should be a seven-year cooling-off period before any FBI, CIA, NSA, DNI, DHS, or DOD is allowed to take at a company possessing vast quantities of US user data
5) Digital Bill of Rights — Digital due process. Government officials should need a court order to take down online content, not send information requestions such as the FBI was sending to Twitter. Users of big online platforms who have their content or accounts removed, throttled, shadowbanned, or otherwise restricted, no matter what name they use, they should have the right to be informed that it’s happening, the right to a specific explanation of the reason why, and the right to a timely appeal.
— In addition, all users over the age of 18 should have the right to opt out of content moderation and curation entirely and receive an unmanipulated stream of information if they so choose.
The fight for free speech is a matter of victory or death for America and for the survival of Western Civilization itself.
When I am President, this whole rotten sytem of censorship and information control will be ripped out of the system at large. There won’t be anything left. By restoring free speech, we will begin to reclaim our democracy and save our nation.
Thank you. And God Bless America.